How to Treat an Ingrown Hair
How to treat an ingrown hair is actually easy to do and you would be surprised at what will cause you to have one. An ingrown hair can form from shaving improperly or wearing clothes that are to tight. But luckily there are some great ways to prevent these hairs from growing.
- When shaving make sure that you are changing the blades on your razor regularly. This one step will keep these hairs from being cut wrong and creating hair bumps in certain places.
- When you shave shave don't shave against the grain of growth. You can apply this method to any kind of shaving that you will do. Your legs arms or even your pubic hairs.
- Getting a really close shave can actually backfire on you. When you cut the hairs on your skin to close this will create bumps.
In case you already have an ingrown hair then there is one method in which you can use to extract the hair and prevent it from further annoying you.
- First take the wet washcloth and press it against the affected area and leave it there for about 10 minutes until the area is numb. The warm water forces the hair out and makes it easier to extract it.
- Take the tweezers and place them into the rubbing alcohol and pull the hair out.
- Once done with that, clean the area and place antibiotic on the site
The important thing to do is follow them simple steps to avoid having ingrown hairs and also if you keep getting them you might want to contact a doctor for more help. It is possible to live free of ingrown hairs.