Folliculitis (the medical term for an ingrown hair) is not just unsightly, it can cause an infection, so learning how to treat an ingrown pubic hair is even more important because no one wants to deal with a staph infection in their groin. Ingrown hairs can cause itching, pain, and scarring if not treated properly so don’t take them lightly when you do notice red bumps around the pubic hair area. Sometimes ingrown hairs go away on their own, but waiting too long can actually cause the infection to grow under the skin requiring minor surgery by a dermatologist. Follow these steps below to learn how to prevent and treat ingrown pubic hair.
To treat ingrown pubic hair, you will need:
- Body scrub
- Rubbing alcohol
- Salicylic acid
- Use body scrub on your pubic area with a soft cloth or shower puff. Prevention is the best way to treat an ingrown pubic hair so make sure you do this at least three times a week. Do not scrub too hard as this could actually cause damage to the hair follicle. Look for a body scrub that contains sea salt or sugar as they are effective yet gentle.
- Apply salicylic acid daily. Salicylic acid is a great way to treat ingrown pubic hair because it helps keep pores clean by removing dead skin cells. Salicylic acid can also be applied as a preventative measure to treat an ingrown pubic hair. If you notice dryness, reduce the frequency to every other day.
- Moisten a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and clean your tweezers. If you can see the hair poking through the skin, you can attempt to grasp the end of the hair and pull it through. If you do manage to pull the hair through, continue to exfoliate and use salicylic acid daily to prevent further infection. Remember that prevention is the best way to treat an ingrown pubic hair.
- Salicylic acid can be found in over-the-counter acne medication at your local drug store.
- If you have tried the above steps and still cannot treat the ingrown pubic hair on your own, see a dermatologist.
- Do not attempt to pick or squeeze the ingrown pubic hair. This will push the infection deeper into your skin causing a carbuncle or abscess.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."