When it comes to knowing how to treat a leather jacket for mildew and mold, there are a couple of things you can do. First, you have to learn how to prevent mold and mildew from growing on your leather jacket. Then, you can learn how to remove mold and mildew safely.
What you need to treat a leather jacket for mold and mildew:
- Dry cloths
- White vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Leather conditioner
- First you must properly prevent mold and mildew from growing. Mold and mildew grow with heat and moisture. Store your leather jacket in a dry cool place. If your leather jacket gets wet, make sure to wipe off the moisture with a dry cloth as soon as possible to prevent mold and mildew from growing. Keeping your leather jacket conditioned will give the material a barrier that helps keep mold and mildew from attaching and growing as well.
- Treating a leather jacket with mold and mildew on it can be done with a couple of different products. White vinegar and rubbing alcohol work well at removing mold and mildew from leather. Both products are safe and friendly to the environment and your leather jacket. Choose which one you would like to use as a cleaner and let's begin.
- Dampen a clean cloth with the cleaning product. You won't need very much as you don't want to get your leather jacket too wet. Simply wipe off the area that has been affected with mold and mildew until your leather jacket is clean. You will see it come right off and both products will kill the bacteria that causes mold and mildew to keep growing.
- Wipe away any residue of cleaning product. You don't want any cleaning product to be left on the leather jacket. This will cause damage and discoloration to the leather. Take a clean damp cloth and wipe the jacket.
- Dry your leather jacket off. Make sure to completely dry the damp area where the mold and mildew was. Leaving your leather jacket moist will not only ruin the material, but it will cause more mold and mildew to grow. You don't want to be wasting your time after all.
- Condition the leather jacket. Cleaning your leather jacket will prevent mold and mildew from growing, but it will also dry it out quite a bit. To keep your leather jacket from drying out and cracking, you have to treat it with leather conditioner. You can purchase leather conditioner at any store that sells leather. It doesn't cost very much, but it is necessary when it comes to treating leather. Follow the directions carefully.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!