Knowing how to treat a low sex drive in men is vital for couples and singles who are having difficulty desiring and enjoy sexual intercourse. For men with a low sex drive, it isn't unusual to have feeling of anger or distress. Although natural, men shouldn't allow these feelings to hinder or threaten their relationships. Begin gathering knowledge on what it takes to treat a low sex drive by reading the tips below.
What you will need to treat a low sex drive in men:
- A primary care physician
- An understanding partner (if in a relationship)
- See your doctor first and foremost. It is important to rule out any health reasons for a low sex drive before considering any sort of treatment. Discussing a lack of sexual drive with a doctor may feel uncomfortable, however, certain health issues such as diabetes and depression are known to have a negative effect on the libido and can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Ask your doctor to test your testosterone levels. Low testosterone can effect sex drive in men at different ages in life. A low sex drive in men is a common side effect that may improve with treatment via injections, gels or patches.
- Review your medications and drug usage. Certain prescription medications can decrease a man's sex drive. Consult with your physician if you are concerned that your medicine is the culprit and discuss what alternatives are available. If you are currently or have used recreational drugs in the past, this can also have a negative effect on sex drive and should be stopped immediately.
- Look for ways to manage stress levels. High levels of stress can temporarily cause a low sex drive in men. Indulge in activities that can take your mind off the things that concern you, plan a vacation or learn new meditative techniques that will assist you in coping with stressful situations.
- Get more sleep. A lack of sleep can also adversely affect sexual drive. Turn of the television, dim the lights and get at least eight hours of restful sleep at night.
- Always see your doctor when experiencing new changes in your body and how it functions.
- Never stop taking medications unless it has been advised by your physician.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.