There are many ways to treat a lumbar disk prolapsed naturally. A disk is a soft cushiony material that is located between the vertebra in the spine. When this disk material bulges it is called a prolapsed or herniated disk. As the disk bulges, it can put pressure on the nerves of the spine. This can lead to pain in the lower back, buttocks, and legs. A prolapsed lumbar disk can be treated conservatively and naturally, if the nerve involvement is minimal. There are several ways to treat a prolapsed lumbar disk naturally.
- Rest the muscles of the lower spine. A prolapsed lumbar disk can put pressure on the nerves of the spine. It is important to rest for 2 to 4 days. This will help minimize the amount of nerve irritation that occurs and lessen the symptoms of this condition. This may require bed rest and minimal activities such as bending, lifting, twisting, and sitting should be avoided to allow the disk to heal.
- Ice the lower back immediately after the injury occurs. Ice will reduce the inflammation surrounding the prolapsed disk and minimize the pressure put on the nerves. Alternate icing for 20 minutes and resting for 20 minutes throughput the day, as much as possible. Do this for the first 2 to 4 days.
- Stretch the lower back. Once you are able to move more freely, it is important to stretch the lower back muscles. This will help ease and prevent muscles spasm, which often accompany lumbar disk bulge. Bend at the waist and touch your toes. Hold this position for 20 seconds. Repeat throughout the day.
- Strengthen the lower back muscles. To help treat a herniated lumbar disk naturally and to prevent it from happening again, it is important to strengthen the muscles of the lower spine. This can include exercise such as back bends with weights and yoga.
- Heat the muscles of the lumbar spine to loosen them. While it is important to ice the muscles immediately after injury to minimize swelling, heating the muscles will be important in the days to follow. This will loosen the muscles and minimize the pain associated with the disk bulge. Taking a warm shower or using a heating pad can offer relief to the lumbar spine.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."