Knowing how to treat mono is an important thing to know, because there is no cure for it. Since it is a viral infection, antibiotics usually don’t have a strong enough effect to help too much, although they can be prescribed in some cases. Here are a few at treatments you can use to ease the symptoms and to help your mono go away that much faster:
- Get a lot of rest. One of the main symptoms of the mononucleosis virus is fatigue, and that is your body’s way of trying to recover. When your body is healing it takes an enormous amount of energy to do so, so much sure to get at least ten hours of sleep a night.
- Don’t drink alcohol or caffeine. Both of these inhibit the body’s ability to heal itself, and they can also mess up your sleep schedule. Along with avoiding these things, make sure to eat healthy. Avoid as many sugars and starches as you can because it takes your body extra energy to digest them.
- Drink plenty of water. This is really a given, seeing as how it is recommended for almost every illness, and even for people who are in perfect health. Water is what helps our body to maintain normal functions. Those functions are especially important when your body is working overtime.
- Avoid physical contact. As with any illness, you don’t want to spread it around. And in any case, moving will be strenuous, and you don’t want to make your body work any harder than it is.
- If your symptoms persist for longer than three months, you should go in for a check-up with your doctor. Chronic mono does exist, and if you have it you will want to know as soon as possible so you can start treating it immediately.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.