There are varieties of ways how to treat rectal fissures. You can opt for conventional treatments, such as at-home treatment for the condition. There are several options for home remedies to treat rectal fissure that forms part of the conventional approach of treatment for rectal fissure. In chronic conditions, surgical management is the best treatment option.
Things you'll need:
- Over-the-counter laxatives
- Petroleum jelly
- Doctor's appointment
- Bleeding and itching are common. You can treat rectal fissure conservatively by washing with warm bath water to ease the discomfort. Applying wheat germ oil can also enhance the healing process of the wounds in the anus. The application of aloe vera extract can also ease pain and facilitate healing.
- Take laxatives or other medications that can soften the stool in order to facilitate smooth bowel movements. Putting petroleum jelly along the rectal area during bowel movements will also help protect the rectal tissues from abrasive movements from the stool.
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods. This diet promotes healthy digestive activity that softens the stool. Foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains and plenty of water can prevent constipation and promote soft stools.
- Exercise can also promote healthy blood circulation along the rectal fissure that facilitates healing. Improved blood circulation can promote faster recovery along the rectal fissures. Brisk walking for at least 30 minutes will suffice.
- Chronic anal fissures accompanied with inflammation will require aggressive treatment using steroids and anesthesia for pain. These will help ease the inflammatory response caused by the anal wound. When necessary, sphincterotomy is performed, a surgical technique to manage the rectal fissure.
A spa day is a great way to treat yourself after a long week. Share the spa experience with your girlfriend for wild and ...
By: Jenny FoughnerOf the many and varied sexual conquests a man can have, threesomes seem to be more of a holy grail tha ...
Since the Fed has already lowered interest rates as low as they can possibly go, they only have one final weapon to depl ...