Figuring out how to treat scrotal pain depends on what is causing the pain. If it is a sharp sudden pain with no obvious cause, proceed directly to the closest medical facility. If the cause is known, such as an impact to the scrotum, or a pulled/strained muscle, there are a couple of things you can try at home for treatment of scrotal pain.
- Heat source
- An over the counter analgesic such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen (optional)
- Gather up the items you are going to need from the list above. In addition to these items you may want to have a book handy or the television remote control and do not forget the phone while you are treating the scrotal pain. You will not be wanting to move around a lot once you get into a comfortable position.
- Wrap the heat source in the towel. In this way the scrotum is protected from excessive heat and potential new injuries.
- Gently place the heated towel under the scrotum. The heat will make the muscles relax and the towel will provide gentle support to the scrotum.
- If the swelling does not start to go down within four hours a visit to the doctor should be scheduled as soon as possible.
- Heat and cold may be used alternately to help the swelling down. This is an excellent way to treat scrotal pain. Normally ice is applied for fifteen minutes and the heat for the same amount of time.
- Use of analgesics can help with some of the discomfort until the pain subsides.
The advice contained herein is in no way a substitute for your physician. For all medical issues, a medical professional should be consulted.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.