If you’re trying to figure out how to treat staph infection, it really depends on what kind of staph infection you have, and how severe it is. Usually when you treat a staph infection, it’s something you can do on your own at home. In rare cases, a staph infection might become severe enough to require more drastic treatment measures.
You will need:
- A wash-rag soaked in hot water for the compress
- Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen for pain
- Sometimes the best method for treating staph infection is to avoid getting infected in the first place. Many common skin staph infections, which often cause boils, can be avoided by using proper hygiene and keeping any wounded areas on your body clean.
- If you do develop a boil, the best treatment is to use warm water compresses. This can be done several times a day, and it helps to reduce pain while simultaneously encouraging the staph boil to drain. This is a simple method used to treat staph infection at home, and it’s known to work very well. It may still take several days for your boil to go away, but you should be less uncomfortable if you use this method to treat staph infection.
- While you wait for your boil to drain, you can treat staph infection pain with over the counter medicines. Some of the more common options are ibuprofen and acetaminophen. These are generally inexpensive and fairly effective.
- If your staph infection becomes severe enough to cause a fever, the only reliable method to treat staph infection is to visit a doctor. In these situations, a doctor will usually treat staph infection using antibiotic medications. If you don’t get treatment from a doctor, a severe staph infection can be dangerous and even potentially deadly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.