Knowing how to treat a stye inside the eyelid is important when you want to get back to using both eyes again. A stye inside of the eyelid is the result of bacteria that has built up and infected the eyelid glands. Treating a stye inside the eyelid is all about dealing with the buildup of bacteria.
- Apply warm compresses. One of the first steps of treating a stye inside the eyelid is applying warm compresses to the eye several times a day. Applying a warm compress usually helps to open a blocked pore. Be sure to hold the compress to your eye for at least ten to fifteen minutes daily. By doing this, the blocked pore is allowed to drain. Sounds disgusting, but it is totally necessary if you want to use that eye again.
- Use medication. There are over-the-counter medications available to treat a stye inside the eyelid. Different brands of medicated pads and ointments are available which are specially designed to treat styes. There are eye washes that are also good for treating a stye.
- Never squeeze the stye. The most important thing to remember when treating a stye inside the eyelid is to not squeeze the stye. Although the temptation to do so will definitely be there, resist the urge. Squeezing the stye could lead to a more serious infection.
- Keep your eyes clear. While treating the stye, don't put anything in your eyes that does not have to do with treating it. If you wear contact lenses, avoid wearing them while you have the stye. Wearing the lenses could lead to a more serious infection. Also avoid wearing eye makeup such as mascara and eyeshadow.
- If necessary, visit the doctor. A stye inside the eyelid should typically heal in seven to ten days. If it doesn't, you may have to pay a visit to your ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist may recommend the use of an antibiotic, or may opt to drain the stye. You should never attempt to do this yourself.
A stye in the eyelid can be a pain and unsightly. Treating a stye inside the eyelid is not difficult, and usually can be done at home. It is important to remember to go to the doctor if the stye is still swollen and sore after ten days.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
What to Drink on Labor Day
Seven options to see out the summer with style. And by style we mean a cool buzz.