It is important to remember that when learning how to treat swollen testicles with pain, the swelling is most likely what is causing the pain. The fastest way to reduce swelling is to apply ice to the swollen area. This is not a pleasant experience, but it is effective. If there is blood in conjunction with the swollen testicle, an immediate trip to the doctor is probably in order.
- Over-the-counter analgesic such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen (optional)
- Gather the supplies you will need. In addition to the items listed above, you will want to place the television remote, phone, drink and snack within reach prior to starting as you are not going to want to move about while trying to reduce the pain and swelling in the testicle.
- Place approximately one cup of ice in a plastic bag. This will prevent unwanted moisture on the furniture.
- Place ice inside a towel. This way the sensitive skin is protected from direct contact with the ice.
- Roll up the towel and place gently under the testicle in question. This will provide gentle support to the swollen testicle.
- In addition to applying cold to the affected area, an analgesic call help with pain reduction.
- If the pain and swelling in the testicle does not start to abate within two hours, contact a physician for instructions.
- The advice contained herein is in no way a substitute for your physician. For all medical issues, a medical professional should be consulted.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.