If you are suffering from testicular pain, the only thing on your mind is how to treat a testicle ache. Pain in the gonads is intense. There are many reasons for such pain, but the most common is epididymitis, or a bacterial infection, Treatment is important, so the pain does not increase. There are several ways to treat testicular pain caused by epididymitis.
- First, make sure that your testicle pain is caused by epididymitis. It is important to make sure that your ache is not caused by a torsion. To tell if your pain is caused by a torsion, or epididymitis, simple elevate your scrotum. If this elevates the pain, it is most likely epididymitis, if the pain increases, or you feel nauseated, see a doctor immediately.
- If you have determined that your testicle pain is caused by epididymitis, it is easy to treat the dull testicular pain. Epididymitis is a bacterial infection, and can be gotten from sex, or from others that are infected.
- The best way to treat a dull pain in your testicles from epididymitis is simply bed rest. Take a load off, rest a few days, and you should notice the pain in your scrotum dissipate.
- Another way to ease the ache of sore testes is to take a warm bath. Relaxing in the bathtub can reduce the swelling, as well as stimulate blood flow.
- Ice down the area of testicle pain. Ice compresses will also reduce the dull ache of epididymitis.
- Give your little man some time off. Don't engage the soldier for duty until the ache in the scrotum is gone.