How To Trim A Beard
Learning how to trim a beard will let any guy trim up his facial hair when ever the need arises, instead of rushing down to the barber shop. Sometimes a last minute date or business meeting has the need to trim those unruly hairs for a slick, clean look. Now, you can sit for hours with a small pair of scissors in front of the mirror, or you can do yourself a favor and get a professional look every time by investing in a good pair of clippers or trimmers.
In order to learn how to trim a beard, you will need:
- Shaving Cream
- Small Beard Comb
- Small Trimming Scissors
- Beard Trimmer or Clippers with Small Beard Attachments
- Decide your style. The first thing to do is look in the mirror and examine your beard from all angles. Make sure you have a good understanding of what you are trying to accomplish before you begin snipping away. If you are just trying to trim up the beard, shorten the sides, or do anything fancy, it all just needs to be laid out and decided ahead of time.
- Shave normally. The next thing you want to do is take the shaving cream, and razor, and shave your face as you usually would. Shave all the exposed parts of your face and around your beard. When done, rinse the shaving cream from your face, pat dry.
- Wet the hair. With damp hands, lightly pat your face so your beard gets a soft coating of water, but not soaked.
- Trim the beard. Take the clippers and carefully, trim the beard on the upper edges around the cheek section of your face. You want to make sure the attachment you place on your trimmer is the right size for you. Each size ill allow the hair on your face to be shorter or longer, so if in doubt pick a blade that will allow it to be longer since you can always trim more off, but cant glue the hair back on.
- Clip the jaw. Now, you want to move on down towards the jaw line. Make sure to be taking an even amount off of the beard everywhere, not placing any more pressure into your face with the trimmer in one section then another. Start by just trying to take the very top layer of hair off. Just a short trim for your entire beard.
- Trim the edges. Now, take the blade cover off, and use the sharp short edge to trim the edges. Try looking up in front of the mirror to give yourself a clean line along your neck. Next, trim your side burns if you have them to the same length.
- Rinse the hair. Once done, you can rinse your face and remove all the itchy hair from your face and examine your beard in the mirror. If there are any single stray hairs sticking up at an odd angle, just use the small trimming scissors to clip that one or two hairs and enjoy a professional look when done.