How To Troubleshoot The Hardware Of Your PS3
So do you know how to troubleshoot the hardware of your PS3? For anyone who owns a Sony Playstation 3, it's an essential. The hardware of your PS3 is the life-blood of the Playstation, and it keeps everything running smoothly. The disk tray, the wiring, and the air-conditioning unit all makeup the hardware of your PS3. If something went wrong, do you know the way to troubleshoot the hardware of your PS3 (god forbid)?
Well, if you need to troubleshoot the hardware of your PS3 is acting afoul, then have these at hand:
- Sony Playstation 3
- 100% Cotton shirt
- Restart the system. Should any serious problems arise, then this won't help, but first things first. Freezing, crashing, or a bad read of your disk should all be fixed via a restart of the hardware of your PS3.
- Swab the disk. It is possible that a contaminated CD could be spreading all kinds of dust into the hardware of your PS3. Use a pure cotton cloth to make little, tiny circles all over the readable side of your disk.
- Move the Playstation. It is possible that the hardware of your PS3 is acting afoul simply because it is in the wrong location. For example, too much sunlight can cause the hardware of your PS3 to overheat (which will be indicated by alternating red and green lights. This could also theoretically be caused by playing the console too much. The area the hardware of your PS3 is in could also be very dust-heavy.
- Unplug and replug all of the cables. If there is no display on your television, then go ahead: plug and unplug all of the cables in the back of your system. A simple incorrectly plugged or unplugged wire could mean the difference between horrible audio/video and picture perfect High Definition.
- Call Sony if these tips don't work. If the general bread-and-butter troubleshooting isn't working, chances are that the hardware itself has some serious issues. The hardware of your PS3, most likely, needs to be refurbished or replaced.
It's easy to troubleshoot the hardware of your PS3 when you get the hang of it. Every console owner will eventually encounter a problem concerning the above tips, but every now and then there is a special case. Give your local Sony outlet a call for more information if that is the case.