There are many different ways to learn how to troubleshoot hot tub lights. This guide will teach you how to examine the symptoms and determine the easiest method of learning how to troubleshoot hot tub lights. Learning how to troubleshoot hot tub lights is best left to a professional or qualified electrician. Remember that when you are learning how to troubleshoot hot tub lights, you will be working around both water and electricity creating a very unsafe environment. Carefully follow the safety information when troubleshooting hot tub lights and do not attempt to do so if you are not qualified to work with electricity.
- Disconnect all power. Disconnect all power from the hot tub before attempting to troubleshoot the hot tub lights.
- Troubleshoot the switch. Troubleshoot the light switch for the hot tub lights. Try testing the switch with a digital multimeter. Try changing the switch and see if the lights work afterwards.
- Check the lamps. Try replacing the lamps in the hot tub lights. Replace one lamp and see if it functions afterwards. Replace all the lamps if one functions after a replacement.
- Test the fuse. Consult your hot tub manual to check the location of the fuse for the hot tub lights. Change the fuse and check to see if the hot tub lights function with a new fuse.
- Examine the transformer. Check the transformer for the hot tub lights. Replace the transformer if necessary.
Always exercise extreme caution when working with water and electricity.
Contact a qualified professional if you are uncomfortable with performing this work.
After completing all of the steps above, consult a hot tub specialist if the hot tub lights still do not function.