How To Troubleshoot A Sony Projection Tv
Looking for directions on how to troubleshoot a Sony Projection TV? As technology progresses, televisions are starting to be built more and more like computers. That is a plus for consumers, because in most cases, that makes televisions easier to troubleshoot. The majority of issues that you will have with your Sony Projection TV should be very basic in nature, which means you don't have to make that expensive call to hire a repair person.
- Missing Sound. There is no need to panic if the sound on your Sony Projection TV is only coming out of one speaker. This issue can typically be resolved by pressing the Menu button on your Sony Projection TV remote control and scrolling to the Audio menu. From the Audio menu, select MTS and make sure that the MTS option is set to Stereo. There could also be a problem with the audio balance on your Sony Projection TV. While you are in the Audio menu, scroll to Balance and make sure that the Balance settings are set to 50/50 for the left and right speakers on your Sony Projection TV.
- Fuzzy Picture. Believe it or not, having something like a cell phone too close to your Sony Projection TV can cause a fuzzy picture. If you have no electrical or battery powered devices located near your Sony Projection TV, press the Menu button on your Sony Projection TV remote control and scroll to the Picture Mode submenu. Try adjusting the Sharpness levels to see if that resolves your issue. If your Sony Projection TV is equipped with the Digital Noise Reduction function or Digital Reality Creation feature, turn those off, as they can cause a fuzzy picture.
- Stand By Light. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your Sony Projection TV if the stand by light flashes three times. The stand by light is located on the front of your Sony Projection TV. If the stand by light flashes three times, it simply means that the lamp cover is not correctly secured. All you have to do is make sure that the lamp cover is mounted correctly and you will be good to go.
- When in doubt, refer to the owners manual that came with your Sony Projection TV. There should be a troubleshooting section located toward the back of your book.
- If you are still experiencing difficulties with your Sony Projection TV, contact Sony technical support directly.