You should learn how to tune a pit bike if you plan on riding often. Tuning a pit bike is an easy job provided the user follows a stepwise procedure till the end. So what are you waiting for guys??
To tune a pit bike, you will need:
- Soapy water and some cleaning cloth.
- Carbon paper/ rough surfaced material
- Tuning oil depending on the brand and compatibility of the bike model
- Check spark plugs: The condition of the bike can be judged through the change in the color of the spark plugs. The normal and ideal color that should be maintained while tuning a pit bike is grey to light golden-brown. Black soot on the spark plug or its shiny black appearance would indicate fouling in the system, dry or wet. Moreover, blistered spark plugs also indicate towards a rotten system. This fouling situation can be improved by rubbing the plug with carbon or rough surface to remove the excess material over it.
- Carb adjustment and Point Gap adjustment: The points of the spark plug have a certain gap between them to produce maximum spark and to create maximum combustion. Therefore, in tuning the pit bike, the distance between them needs to be monitored in order to have easy mile coverage from the bike. Moreover, the carb- the fuel adjustment unit needs to be checked of environmental pressure and humidity that might affect their functioning.
- Adjust valve timing: Adjustment of an engine’s valve timing is very important while tuning a pit bike. Carburetion or a more efficient injection of a polished stifle body and exhaust system (headers) leads to better performance and can be even more modified by fine turning with adjustable timing gears.
- Point tire check: Tire pressure is very important in pit bikes. In order to tune a pit bike, the tire pressure must be checked constantly to provide best handling and stability to the circuit.
- Braking and Fluids: Brake fluid readily attracts water in the form of moisture. This moisture in the braking system is dangerous as water boils faster than the brake fluid and can destroy the braking performance of your bike. It can also oxidize parts of your brake system resulting in corroded fittings and master cylinder. Therefore while tuning a pit bike; special focus should be given to the braking system as the riders’ life depends majorly on that!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …