You may want to know how to tune up a Volkswagen Jetta 2000 if your VW is not running correctly or if it has accumulated many miles. If you do not have the time to do the tune up on your own, hire a mechanic for the job. If you want to try to fix your Volkswagen Jetta 2000 by yourself, make sure you have the necessary tools and materials before you start.
Things you may need:
- Jack stands
- Spark plugs
- Oil filter
- Miscellaneous replacement parts (if necessary)
- Pop the hood. Find and replace the oil filter and drain the old oil. You may want to have the car on lifts so you can get underneath the car easier to change the oil. Add a fresh can of oil once you are done.
- Change the spark plugs. Make sure you use the same kind of plugs the Volkswagen Jetta uses now. Remember to check the wires to make sure they are not damaged. Replace the wires if they are.
- If you have loose or noisy belts, you may need to swap them out. Pay attention to how the belts are placed when you remove the old ones from the Volkswagen. Replace the belts and make sure they are on correctly.
- Look for signs of corrosion on the battery. If the battery has not been replaced for a few years, it may be starting to wear out. Replace it if necessary and wipe away any corrosion and dirt from the terminals before you install the new battery.
- Check the coolant and wiper fluid levels. If the levels are low, add anti-freeze or wiper fluid as needed. Make sure there are no leaks when you finish adding the fluids. Check the air conditioner as well to make sure it is blowing cold air.
- Make sure all of the lights and blinkers work. As you tune up your Volkswagen Jetta, have someone sit behind the wheel and step on the brakes while you check to make sure the brake lights are working. Check all of the lights and the turn signals and replace any bulbs if necessary.
- If your Volkswagen Jetta is still not running right, take it to your mechanic. You will have saved yourself some cash by doing most of the work already. See if the mechanic can find out why your car is running roughly and get an estimate from them before they start to repair the car.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …