For any St. Patrick's Day celebration, knowing how to turn beer green is a must. No St. Paddy's day is complete without a few cold green beers to mark the day. Bars can be overcrowded on this traditional day of drunken revelry so celebrating at home is becoming more popular. Thankfully, you don't have to give up the festive tradition of green beer if you choose to party at home. It is very easy to make green beer yourself. There is a good chance you already have everything you need to turn beer green in your kitchen. It's also easy enough that you can throw it together at the last minute.
You will need:
- Green food coloring
- Beer glasses
- Choose your beer. A lighter-colored beer will be a lot easier to color than a darker beer. Dark beer can be difficult to turn green and will require so much food coloring to make a difference that it could change the flavor. Stick to pale beer varieties when making beer green for best results. Irish beer is always a good choice for St. Patrick's Day.
- Place the food coloring in a glass. Use three drops of green food coloring to begin with. This is usually enough to turn beer green but you can always add more if the beer isn't green enough. Remember that a little bit of food coloring goes a long way.
- Fill the glass with beer. Pour beer into the glass, leaving a small amount of space at the top so you can stir it without making a mess.
- Stir and adjust. Stir the beer with the spoon until the color has dispersed evenly. If it is not green enough, add more food coloring one drop at a time until it reaches the desired color. Be sure to stir after each drop to fully incorporate the coloring.
- Stir the beer very slowly to avoid creating too much foam.
- Use a chilled beer glass so the beer doesn't get too warm while stirring.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …