This article will help you learn how to turn a digital camera into a webcam. Being able to use your digital camera as a webcam is great and saves you from having to purchase a webcam. Follow the steps below and you will soon be using your digital camera as a webcam.
- Your digital camera needs a video output and a way to connect to your PC or laptop. It should have an A/V out port. You’ll also need the cable that came with your camera that allows you to connect your camera to your computer or laptop. You hook this up through an available USB port on your computer. The software you need to turn your digital camera into a webcam very well may be on the installation CD that came with your camera.
- Your digital camera has to have audio and video output jacks, and a camera to monitor connector cable. If you look in your diagram, it should show you how to do this.
- Next, you need a video capture device. You can find these at most places that sell cameras, and they are rather inexpensive.
- Now it is time to connect your digital camera to the video capture device. You use the video cable to do this.
- Next, you need to connect the video capture device to your computer or laptop. This should plug into a USB port on your laptop or computer.
- The video capture you purchased came with software. You need to install this on your computer or laptop before you can use your digital camera as a webcam.
- Once it is downloaded on your PC, open the software then turn your camera on. Follow any setup prompts on your screen.
- Your camera is now a webcam. It may seem slow at first but don’t worry. This is because you are using it for the first time. Set the camera close to the computer. You may see a little bit of a delay when you move the camera but this is OK.
You have now learned how to turn a digital camera into a webcam. Have fun!