How To Turn Old Sheets Into Shopping Totes
You can do your part to help the environment by learning how to turn old sheets into shopping totes. We know the emphasis on recycling today. Everywhere you look, there are new, environmentally-friendly products. You will not only be recycling, but you will also be eliminating the need to use of tons of plastic shopping bags each time you hit the store. Reusable shopping bags are the must-have shopping accessory. Rather than buy the dull, boring, blah bags, create your own with your touch of style. The best thing about using sheets is that they come is so many different colors and styles. Add a few accents to really make the bag dazzle!
In order to make a shopping tote using your old sheets, you need:
- large sheet of paper
- paper scissors
- fabric scissors
- measuring tools
- rotary cuter and mat
- sewing machine
- iron and ironing board
- Set aside fabric for the straps.
- Sew. You are now going to sew up the sides of your bag. Use the iron to press the seams.
- Pin together. Bring the side fabric down to match up with the bottom of the bag. Match the seam at the bottom of the bag to the side seam you created. Pin the fabric together. The bag should look like a triangle with the top cut off.
- ps. Pin the straps to the bag four inches from each side. Leave a 1-inch overhang on top. Securely sew them to the bag.
- Finishing touches. Add accents like buttons or jewels to make your shopping bag stand out.