How To Type Fast
Typing fast is an extremely essential skill to have in today's society, especially in the workforce, and learning how to type fast is actually much easier than it seems.
To type fast, you'll need:
- A comfortable keyboard,
- A learning-to-type software, or
- A written passage
- Sit comfortably. Sit in a good office chair, and sit with good posture. Make sure your hands are arched over the keyboard, and that your feet are on the floor.
- Establish "home row." "Home row" is the row of keys on a keyboard that include "a", "s", "d", and "f." Your hands should always remain here while typing.
- Use a typing software. There is a large number of software written very specifically to help users type quickly and efficiently. These pieces of software may be difficult to use at first, but they are by far the most efficient way to learn how to type fast.
- Repeatedly type a passage. Take some written work that you enjoy and type it many times over. Using a passage that you enjoy will take the monotony out of this essential step in learning how to type fast.
- Type in a way that is the easiest for you. Once you have the classic method of typing down pat, you can revise it a little so it feels more comfortable for you. The classic method of typing may be good for most people, but not for everyone. Don't let the classic way of typing get in your way just because it's what most people do.
- Practice. As with any physical task, the only way to improve is to practice often. Practice for a few hours every night, and you'll be a fast typist in no time.
Posted on: Mar. 30, 2011