How To Type Faster
Anyone that uses a computer should know how to type faster. Typing is necessary for employment and for leisure use. Jobs in the office, warehouse or data entry can benefit from an increased typing speed. People who enjoy writing emails, tweeting and going on Facebook can do more if they have increased words per minute (wpm) rate. Continue reading, for the novice and experienced typist can learn how to type faster.
To type faster, you will need:
- Computer with internet
- Adjustable chair
- Computer monitor
- Books or other item to elevate monitor
- Arrange productive position. The first and often overlooked step of how to type faster is to set up the environment. Adjust the chair height making sure your hands hover easily above the keyboard. Maintain good posture and alter the computer screen to eye level using books to elevate it.
- Learn keyboarding. An important aspect of how to type faster is learning the keyboard including its numbers, letters and signs. This can be achieved by taking a keyboarding class . The correct position is to have the left hand pinkie on the <a> key with the next three fingers lined up beside it. The pointer finger should be on the <f> key. Start on the <j> key for the right hand with the pinkie on the <;> key. Thumbs from both hands should hover over the space bar. Practice daily to learn key locations without looking.
- Gain speed. Try typing using the letter rather than word method to succeed in the how to type faster process. Mentally consider typing by letter "d–o-g" instead of typing the word "dog." This method works on the sentence level, too. An example is: "T-h-e (space) d-o-g (space) r-a-n (period).”
- Play around. Many websites offer games to help people in the how to type faster task. A simple internet search will find tons of websites that offer free typing games. Using an entertainment option for learning is much better than regular typing drills.