You just purchased your new Nokia phone and want to know how to type a text message on your Nokia 2600. Using text messaging is one of the most important functions used on cell phones. Text messaging allows you to get messages quickly to and from your family and friends while at the same time avoiding long lengthy unwanted phone conversations. Everywhere you look someone is always texting, either walking down the street, in the store, driving down the car, and even in school. Texting on cell phone can be done by just about anyone. Learning to type a text message on a Nokia 2600 is quite simple when you follow these instructions.
- Access the main menu by pressing the 'Menu' key on your Nokia 2600.
- Select the 'Messaging' key from the main menu. Once the messaging screen pulls up select 'Create Message'.
- Enter your recipient's name by selecting your contacts option on your messaging screen. Then select the contact name(s) that you want to send the message to.
- Enter text by using either traditional or predictive text input.
- Press the send button when your text message is complete on your Nokia 2600.
Traditional text input- input all the characters yourself.
- Press the number key on the keypad repeatedly until the desired letter appears on your Nokia 2600.
- If the next letter you want to select is located on the same key as the present one, wait until the cursor reappears to enter the next letter.
- To access special characters and punctuation marks, repeatedly select the * key until you get to the desired special character that you want.
Predictive text input- allows the built-in dictionary to find your words (select this mode on your message screen, by pressing the T9 button).
- Start typing the word by using the number keys on the keypad.
- The dictionary appears and the word changes after each keystroke on your Nokia 2600.
- To change a word, press the * repeatedly until the correct word displays.
- When the word appears that you want to use, immediately begin to start typing the next word.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.