How To Uninstall Internet Explorer 7
Are you wondering how to uninstall Internet Explorer 7? If you are trying to uninstall the program for more than the first time your settings may be at fault. Microsoft automatically defaults options it thinks are important to include in updates.
- Automatic updates. If you have your computer set to automatically download files, change that option to notify me but do not install or turn off automatic updates to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. To do this click start, click control panel, click Windows Security Center, and click automatic updates under manage security settings. Change the setting to reflect your choice.
- XP or Vista to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. Depending on the version of Windows you are running on your computer the uninstall may not work. Internet Explorer 7 is an integral part of Vista. This means it may not stay deleted.
- Windows Uninstaller. You can try using the programs uninstaller to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. Click start, click control panel, click add or remove programs. If you do not see Internet Explorer 7 listed click the show updates box on the top of the program list. Click the change/remove button to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.
- Try downloading Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. This uninstaller can be found on cnet.com and has a free version with an excellent uninstaller. You can choose from four depths of uninstalling programs.
- Run Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. Choose moderate or advanced to uninstall the program with the applications left over information. This program will search the registry and hard drive to remove entries.
Posted on: Sep. 03, 2010