Every PC owner should know how to uninstall Internet Explorer. When you uninstall Internet Explorer, it will revert back to the previous version you had. If you have Windows 7, Internet Explorer is a part of the operating system, so if you uninstall it you will have to install another browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera.
How to uninstall Internet Explorer for Windows 7:
- The first thing you will need to do is close out any programs you have open. Click on the Start button.
- Click Control Panel. Click Programs and Features and under this click Turn Windows Features On or Off.
- This will give you a list of windows features. You will need to clear the checkbox next to Internet Explorer. You will get a warning message, but it is okay to click Yes.
Your computer will now restart. When it comes back up Internet Explorer will be uninstalled. You will now need to install another browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera.
How to uninstall Internet Explorer for Windows Vista:
- The first thing you need to do is close all programs you have open. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel Window, click on Programs. Click Uninstall a Program.
- In the Tasks pane, click View Installed Updates. In this list click Windows Internet Explorer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer. Restart your computer.
When your computer comes back up Internet Explorer will be uninstalled.
How to uninstall Internet Explorer for Windows XP:
- Close any programs you have open. Click Start and then Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window that opens click on Add or Remove Programs. Look through the list and find Internet Explorer.
- Click on Internet Explorer one time. Click the Change or Remove button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer. Internet Explorer will now be uninstalled.
You will now no longer have Internet Explorer on your computer. There are many third party browsers you can download such as Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera.