How To Uninstall Itunes
Do you need to know how to uninstall iTunes? This is a simple process whether you have a Windows or Mac computer. Follow these steps to uninstall iTunes on your device.
In order to uninstall iTunes, you will need:
- Access to computer with iTunes installed
- Mac users can delete the program. As there is no uninstall process, at least in the sense of Windows computers, Mac users can simply delete iTunes. This should uninstall iTunes from the system.
- Windows users can go through the Start menu to uninstall iTunes. Of course, depending on your version of Windows, the route to uninstalling iTunes may be a bit different. Go to the Start menu and access the Control Panel. You will see an option to uninstall programs, such as "Add or Remove Programs" or "Uninstall a Program," for instance. You will then be able to find iTunes, where you can group it comfortably by name, publisher, date of installation, or size. Select "uninstall" for iTunes and then go through the steps to ensure that iTunes is uninstalled from your system.
- Ensure similar programs are uninstalled/not listed. In the same menu as step two, other program entries for iTunes, or any iPod Updater applications, may be listed. Make sure that these items are removed if they are found.
- If necessary, reinstall the latest version of iTunes. If you are uninstalling iTunes, there may be a chance that you are doing so to reinstall the latest version of the program. You can download the latest version of iTunes and install the program.
Posted on: Apr. 22, 2011