How To Uninstall Programs On A Mac
The methods on how to uninstall programs on a Mac and a PC are very different. Before you delete any software from a PC, first you would need to install it. Behind the scenes, this is actually a complicated process in which most sensitive data is stored deep within your Operating System, such as the Windows Registry. However, the ability to uninstall programs on a Mac is much easier and flexible.
- To uninstall programs from a Mac, go to the main desktop and locate your computer hard drive. This icon resembles a piece of hardware, and is presented as a silver rectangular shape. Click this icon to reveal its contents.
- Click on the "Applications" option. This will bring you to the main window which allows you to perform a number of options, including how to uninstall programs.
- Manually browse for the list of applications. Look for the desired program you wish to delete, and do not choose anything you wish to leave intact.
- Press the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard, and simultaneously select the program(s) you need to uninstall. When you perform the above action, a pop-up menu will appear. This is the quickest and most traditional way to uninstall programs on a Mac.
- From the pop-up menu, select the "Move to Trash" option. This will instantly and successfully uninstall programs on a Mac.
Alternatively, simply drag and drop selected items and move them to the "Trash" icon on the desktop. Regardless of which option you choose to uninstall programs on a Mac, this will achieve the same result.
- To ensure you uninstall programs on a Mac successfully, press "Ctrl" and the "F" key on your keyboard to search for any files associated to the ones you need to uninstall, and delete them as they are found.