How To Unlock A Blackberry 8100
Learning how to unlock a Blackberry 8100 can be useful to move your phone service to another wireless carrier. Unlocking your Blackberry 8100 will allow you to use your phone on a wireless carrier of your choosing. Obtaining an unlock code can be done by calling your current wireless provider, or by purchasing a code at the various online retailers. Unlocking your Blackberry 8100 can be an easy task by following the below instructions.
To unlock a Blackberry 8100, you will need:
- Blackberry 8100
- Unlock Code
- Contact your wireless carrier to request an unlock code. If your provider will not provide an unlock code, then purchase an unlock code from one of the many websites that sell unlock codes. Unlock codes are often available on popular auction websites.
- Turn off your phone and remove the sim card. The sim card is located in the battery compartment, under the battery.
- Power up the phone and turn off the wireless connection. Open up the applications menu, choose Manage Connections, then choose open mobile network. This will turn off the wireless connection
- Open up the main menu and choose Options, Advanced options, then sim card. Enter MEPD when prompted. The letters will not be visible on the phone, so make sure to press the "o-p" key twice.
- When the sim card menu is active and locked, you will see under the network field "active."
- Enter MEP2 when prompted, then enter the unlock code when you are prompted to enter the network MEP code. When the phone restarts, it will be unlocked.