- How To Add Music To The BlackBerry Pearl Flip
- How To Store Music On A Blackberry Curve 8900
- How To Remove Cell Phone Faceplate On A BlackBerry Curve 8310
- How To Unlock A Blackberry 8700
- How To Install Ringtones On A BlackBerry
- How To Change Homescreen Row On A BlackBerry Storm
- How To Take A Blackberry Curve 8830 Apart
How To Unlock Blackberry Curve 8320
If you are looking to switch your wireless carrier then learning how to unlock Blackberry Curve 8320 phones is the way to go. When you unlock a Blackberry curve or any phone for that matter you are no longer forced to stay with the wireless provider that you originated with. This can serve as a relief as some carriers are known to have better rates, but less desirable phones. On the other hand some carriers have the more popular phones, but unaffordable rates. Here are a few steps that will teach you how to unlock Blackberry Curve 8320 phones.
To unlock Blackberry Curve 8320 phones, you will need:
- Blackberry Curve 8320
- Unlock Code
- Call your wireless carrier and ask for your Blackberry Curve's unlock code. The only way that you will be able to unlock your Blackberry Curve 8320 is if you have the unlock code so do not skip this step. Also, don't be surprised if you are met with some reluctance from your carrier—they will often make sure that you are under contract for the near future before giving you the code. And they will want to know why they should give it to you. Wanting to avoid high roaming charges during an overseas trip is a good reason to want to unlock your phone.
- Go to the main menu and click on the "settings" menu. Use your trackpad to scroll down to where it says "SIM card" and use your keypad to hit "select".
- Hold down your Blackberry Curve's "shift" key as you type in the letters m,e,p,d. You will not see the letters appear on the screen so avoid typing a letter twice. Hold down the "shift" key once again and type in the letters m,e,p, and the number 2. Again these letters and numbers will not appear on the screen so to try not to type them in twice.
- Your Blackberry Curve 8320 will now ask you to enter your unlock code. Enter the unlock code that you got from your wireless carrier in the first step. Once you have finished entering this code press "enter".
Now that you you know how to unlock your Blackberry Curve 8320 you can switch over to the carrier that you really want.
Posted on: Jan. 13, 2011