How To Unlock Blackberry Pearl 8100
If you want to know how to unlock your BlackBerry Pearl 8100 you mean to accomplish one of two things with your phone. Either you want to place a SIM card from a competitor into the BlackBerry so you can use your PDA on a different network or you want to place a foreign SIM card into the phone to take advantage of cheaper rates while you roam overseas. Regardless of why you want to remove the network restrictions from your BlackBerry, you must contact T-Mobile Wireless to obtain the unlock code before you can put that different SIM into your phone.
- Remove the back cover and the battery from your BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and record the IMEI number from the white product sticker located under the battery. The IMEI is the number that identifies the code needed to unlock your phone. It is essentially the serial number.
- Call T-Mobile tech support at 1-800-937-8997 and tell the support rep that you need to process an unlock request. Per T-mobile guidelines, you must have a current or canceled account (within 90 days) and you must not have a past due balance. Also, you must be the listed account holder. If you meet these qualifications, give the rep your IMEI number and your email address. T-Mobile will email you the number to unlock your BlackBerry Pearl 8100 within 72 hours.
- Place the foreign or competitor's SIM into your BlackBerry 8100 and power on the device.
- Click on "Manage Connections" and turn off the radio. This turns the signal off on your BlackBerry. This is a very important step in the process.
- Select the back button to return to the main screen. Select the "Options" button and then access the "Advanced Options" menu. Scroll down and select "SIM Card from the list of advanced options.
- Type in MEPPD and then MEPP2 into the keypad. You will not see what you type. Make sure you press the "alt" button to get the "2."
- Enter in the unlock code provided to you by T-Mobile and then select "Enter." This will unlock your BlackBerry Pearl 8100.