How To Unlock Blackberry Pearl
The following instructions will explain how to unlock Blackberry Pearl. This will allow the use of a Blackberry Pearl on other carriers' networks aside from the original carrier. The entire process should take no longer than fifteen minutes.
- Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer. Most Blackberry devices come with a CD that contains the Blackberry Desktop Manager. If you do not have access to the CD you may download the Blackberry Desktop Manager from the Blackberry corporate website.
- Connect the BlackBerry via a USB port on your computer. Open the Device manager on your computer. In Windows Vista, go to "Start," "Control Panel," "System Maintenance" and "Device Manager." On Windows XP, go to "Start," "Control Panel," "System," "System Properties" and select the "Hardware" tab to find the Device Manager button.
- Use the "Ports" tab and locate the ports on which the BlackBerry are located. Select the port with the highest number -- thus, for ports COM1 and COM2, select "COM2"; if COM3 and COM4 are listed, select "COM4".
- Open the QPST Configuration software. This is located in the Desktop Manager under "QPST." Select the Ports tab. Next, click "Add New Port" at the bottom of the tab. In the list, select the port you determined to be the correct one in Step 3, then click OK. The port and phone will now appear in the main list.
- In the menu at the top of the screen, go to "Start Clients" and select "Service Programming." Click "OK" in the pop-up box. Then, in the "Select Base Model" list, scroll to the bottom and then search up for a phone model name that ends in "BB." Then click "OK."
- Select "Read from Phone" in the lower left-hand corner. Make sure that the code in the popup box reads "000000" for a Pearl on Verizon. If the Pearl is a Sprint phone, get the six digit SPC code first, then enter it here.
- Make sure the SPC code in this box matches the Pearl's SPC code before clicking on the "Roam" tab. Under "Preferred Roaming," click "Browse" and find the new carrier's PRL file under "C: > CDMA > PRL". Ensure the PRL file is of the EVDO version. Click "Write to Phone" at the bottom to complete the process.
Posted on: Jan. 20, 2011