How To Unlock A Blackberry Phone
When trying to make your Blackberry more useful, you should learn how to unlock a Blackberry phone. This will make the phone available on any carrier that uses the same band for service. Each model has a bit of a different process, so finding out the exact instructions for each phone is important. Here is a list of general instructions.
To unlock your Blackberry, you will need:
- Blackberry Phone
- Model Number
- Unlock Code
- Find the IMEI number. To find the IMEI number, type * #06# and press send.
- Find the MEP code for your carrier. This is usually done by calling the carrier and asking, but it may be just as easy to find it online. Carriers may question your intentions, and although it is not illegal to unlock your phone, carriers do not like it. It is possible to find the MEP code by using your IMEI number from your Blackberry smart phone.
- Turn off the wireless radio on your phone. The process for this step will vary from phone to phone. Look inside of the user manual to determine how to do this, or find it in the instructions.
- Go to settings or options. This also depends on the model of phone.
- Select the Advance Options menu item. Then, select SIM card from the menu.
- Type the word MEPD on the phone. You will see a message that says "Network as Active."
- Type "MEP2" or "MEPE" while holding the shift key down. You should get a message about the network being disabled. This means that the process has completed.