Do you want to know how to unlock codes on Kenwood stereos? Kenwood puts a four-digit security code in its stereos to keep thieves from stealing. This problem occurs when your car battery dies and your own Kenwood stereo locks you out, forcing you to figure out how to unlock your Kenwood stereo. However, good thing you came to the right place.
Things you will need:
- Kenwood stereo and remote
- Instructions manual
- If your car battery died, your Kenwood stereo will ask you for a code. There are various ways to enter the security code; this depends on the model of your Kenwood stereo.
- Look in your manual and see what the security code is for your particular Kenwood stereo. There are common security codes on many Kenwood stereos. Kenwood claims security, but its stereos have many of the same security codes. Here are three common security codes: 1-2-3-4 (a code many Kenwood owners use), 3-0-5-1 (a common security code in Kenwood manuals) and KCAR (works on some Kenwood stereo models). You should have a code within the pages of your manual. Luckily, many Kenwood stereos have the same security codes.
- Enter the security code into your Kenwood radio. Method #1: During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the "Volume UP" or "DOWN" key for three seconds until the " … " display disappears. Enter the security code using your Kenwood remote. Method #2: Press the "Auto" and "Track Up" button on the face of radio at the same time until the four dash lines disappear. Enter the security code using your Kenwood remote. Method #3: Press and hold the "One" then the "Six" preset keys until the display shows the letter "C." Enter the security code using your Kenwood remote.
- If you did not have your manual, try the most common codes for Kenwood stereos. If those codes don't work, you can also buy your Kenwood stereo code online. There are places online that will sell you the security code to your Kenwood stereo.
- Keep your security code and this information in a safe place.