Need to know how to one unlock Gears of War 2 unlockable characters? While none of them actually play any differently, in a third person shooter a cosmetic change can do a lot to stave off any doldrums of repetition. In order to unlock some of these characters, however, you will need the original Gears of War game, or at least a few of the achievements involved in that game.
- Dizzy Wallin. To unlock Dizzy complete act one of Gears of War 2 on any difficulty. But remember, if he is shot too many times, eventually he will lose his trademark hat and be an unhappy camper.
- Kantus. The Kantus are locust priests or monks who can unleash heavy degrees of damage against the COG. Complete act two on any difficulty to get to use this reptile.
- Tai Kaliso. Complete act three in any difficulty to unlock the philosopher of the group. Of course, he is a philosopher that could rip somebody's arms off without much effort, but a philosopher type character either way.
- Flame Grenadier. Wouldn't it be nice if the flame grenadier actually spawned with a Scorcher? You would be making some instant BBQ. In order to get your hands on the Locust's flamer, complete act four in any difficulty and he (it?) will be unlocked.
- Skorge. Skorge is the super dangerous leader of Kantus Monks. Complete act five and have him unlocked in Gears of War 2's multiplayer modes.
- Anthony Carmine. To unlock the late Carmine, you will need a copy of Gears of War or at least a completed game save. If you have the act one achievement from Gears of War present on your hard drive or memory card, Carmine will be unlocked when you first play a live match.
- RAAM. Ah, RAAM. Remember the Locust's Leader in the original game? Well as long as you defeated him and unlocked the “A Dish Best Served Cold” achievement from Gears of War you will have him available for multiplayer skirmishes.
- Lt. Minh Young Kim. To play with the former Delta Squad Leader all you need is an unlocked “Time to Remember” achievement from the original Gears of War game, and you will unlock Lt. Kim in Gears of War 2.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.