You log into your Gmail account expecting for your email to come up so you can read it and you see that it has been locked and you need to know how to unlock your Gmail account. If Gmail detects abnormal usage that may indicate that your account has been compromised they will temporarily disable the account. It will take between one minute and 24 hours for access to be reinstated, depending on the behavior detected by their system.
Google will lock your Gmail account for several reasons.
- If you receive or delete a large amount of mail in a short period of town.
- If you send mail to a very large number of people in a short period of time.
- Storing software in your account or if you use third party file sharing.
- If you log in from multiple locations in a short period of time.
Please check that your account does not fall under one of these categories, so that it will not be locked again.
If you need your account back quickly there is one thing you can try that may or may not work.
- Go to this website: http://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha
- Enter your email, password and enter the captcha and click on Unlock
- If this does not work you will have to wait until Google unlocks it and it can take up to 24 hours. If you know your account is not locked because of the above reasons you can go to the Google help page and contact them to help you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.