How To Unlock The iPhone 3g
Learning how to unlock the iPhone 3g may not be as complicated as you think. Using some of the latest tools and programs it has never been easier to learn how to unlock the iPhone 3g. There are several different reasons to learn how to unlock the iPhone 3g. Common reasons to unlock the iPhone 3g include motives to travel or relocate out of the country or if you simply wish to use your iPhone on a different cellular network. Utilizing the latest jailbreaking and unlock tools it is possible to unlock your iPhone without the need to connect it to the computer, although it is still recommended.
- Backup and Update. Connect your iPhone 3g to your computer using the USB cable. Allow iTunes to automatically backup your iPhone contents onto the computer. Click the "Update" option in iTunes to update to the iOS 4.0 firmware if you do not already have it. Do not update past the iOS 4.0.1 firmware. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone 3g when you are finished.
- Launch Safari. Locate the blue Safari icon on your iPhone. Tap the blue Safari icon to launch the Safari internet browser on your iPhone 3g.
- Jailbreak your iPhone. Visit http://www.jailbreakme.com in Safari. Move your finger across the slider contained inside the webpage which reads "Slide to Unlock". Allow several minutes for the iPhone to return to the home screen with the new "Installer" icon visible. Try this step a second time if it does not work the first time.
- Launch Installer. Tap the blue Installer icon which is now located on your iPhone. Repeat step three if you do not see the Installer icon on your iPhone at this point.
- Add source to Installer. Tap the icon at the bottom right corner of the Installer interface which says "Sources". Tap "Edit" in the top right corner. Tap "Add" in the top left corner. Type "http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com" into the pop-up box and press OK. Allow Installer to perform a refresh of the sources.
- Unlock the iPhone 3g. Return to the "Sources" tab inside of Installer on your iPhone. Tap the "repo666.ultrasn0w.com" which you just added in step five. Select the top package which should say "Ultrasn0w". Tap "Install" and tap "Confirm" if necessary. Wait patiently while the application unlocks your iPhone 3g. Once the application is finished, power off your iPhone and turn it back on.
- It is recommended that you connect your iPhone 3g to a Wi-Fi network before performing the jailbreak and unlock.
- Turn of 3G data access before attempting to unlock your iPhone 3G if you are on the T-Mobile cellular network.
- Jailbreaking and Unlock the iPhone 3g is legally permitted by the U.S. Copyright Law.