How To Unlock IPod Touch Without Password
If you've been mysteriously locked out of your iPod, you're going to need to learn how to unlock your iPod Touch without a password. Tragically, the only way you can do this without irrevocably damaging your iPod Touch is to erase it, so this method of unlocking iPod Touch without password is going to cause you to lose all of the music, photos, and apps on your iPod Touch. So as a fair warning, be sure that you have everything backed up on your computer before attempting this method to unlock iPod Touch without password.
In order to unlock an iPod Touch without a password, you're going to need:
- A computer with iTunes installed on it
- The iPod Touch in question
- A cable to connect your iPod to the computer
- Turn On Your iPod So That You're Confronted With The Password Screen. From here, connect the device to your computer so that iTunes will open up. Be sure to cancel this screen so that your iPod Touch is still connected to the computer, but not accessing iTunes.
- Hold The Power Sleep/Wake Button And Home Button Simultaneously. After about 25 to 30 seconds, the iPod Touch should reset and you'll be shown a screen with the USB cable and the iTunes logo. Keep it up! You're halfway to being able to unlock iPod Touch without password!
- Open iTunes. When the program loads, it will tell you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode, so be sure to click "OK" to this dialog box. From here, it will inquire as to whether or not you want to restore the aforementioned iPod Touch, so be sure to give it the go-ahead. From here, the computer will proceed to wipe all of the data from the iPod, while unlocking it so that you'll be able to access it without a password.
While it may include losing your data, this is one of the best methods to unlock your iPod Touch without a password. Here, you'll be able to get your iPod back to its factory condition without the fear of hacking into the iOS and possibly doing even greater damage than what's already been done.