Learning how to unlock an Nokia phone will enable you to use an Nokia phone on any supported wireless carrier. Knowing how to unlock an Nokia phone is particularly useful for travelers who wish to take their mobile phone with them. There are several different ways to unlock an Nokia phone. The different methods depend on the model of your Nokia phone and the carrier to which the phone is locked. There are a few basic steps that work for unlocking an Nokia phone.
- Determine the IMEI number. Power on your Nokia phone to the home screen. Using the keypad, enter the following: *#06#. Note this number down as it appears on the screen. The IMEI number will be necessary to identify an Nokia phone and to eventually unlock the phone.
- Contact your cellular provider. Contact your cellular service provide and inquire about unlocking the phone. Many cellular providers will unlock a phone for customers. Give the representative the IMEI number from step one and they will provide you the unlock code. Enter the unlock code into an Nokia phone and it will be unlocked.
- Purchase a unlock code. Purchasing an unlock code for an Nokia phone is another alternative. Purchasing the unlock code for an Nokia phone is the same as step two except you will pay a third-party company. They will provide you the unlock code. Enter the unlock code into an Nokia phone and it will be unlocked.
- There are many freeware programs to generate codes to unlock an Nokia phone. These programs do not work and often contain viruses.
- The unlock code for an Nokia phone is specific to the IMEI number, they are not universal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.