How To Update Blackberry OS
Are you wondering how to update Blackberry OS? Purchasing a Blackberry is a smart investment of your hard earned cash. With all the capabilities of a Blackberry, keeping your Blackberry software current is vital for applications to be updated and at times even for applications to work correctly.
To update Blackberry OS, you will need:
- a USB cable
- use of a computer
- at least 512 MB of ram (desktop software)
- 100 MB of free space (desktop software)
- your blackberry
- For Windows Users: Internet Explorer or Firefox are accepted browsers to download from. You will need to have at least Windows version XP SP2 or newer, iTunes 7.7.1 or newer or the latest media player installed to download the Blackberry OS software to your desktop.
- For Mac Users: Mac OS X v10.5.5 and newer (32 bit) users can download Blackberry OS software. Device software 4.2 or higher and iTunes v7.7.1 (or newer) are needed to download the latest updates on a Mac.
- Download Blackberry OS software to your computer. Using the official Blackberry site, download the software to your desktop.
- Make sure Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.5 is installed on your computer. Run the latest version of Blackberry desktop Manager to ensure the application will upload properly.
- Install Blackberry OS. As this is a lengthy process, it is best to close all other running programs on your computer.
- Check your settings now that the Blackberry OS software install is complete. Installing newer software may cause apps and services to return to a default setting. Customize your settings to your needs.