How To Update Call Of Duty 4
Once you know how to update "Call of Duty 4" it is pretty easy to do when a new update is available. "Call of Duty 4" is updated frequently to fix glitches that are in the multiplayer mode. The online playing version requires the latest version of "Call of Duty 4." Any updates that are made available are not retroactive to single player modes. Updating can be done automatically if the console is connected to the internet when it is freshly installed.
- Estimate the need for an update to "Call of Duty 4." Most of the time, the software has automatic notifications when the updates are available and needed.
- Connect to the internet on a line that will not kick you off and interrupt the update of "Call of Duty 4." If this happens you will have to start from the beginning once you are reconnected. Scan the update with an anti-virus tool to make sure no cookies or other malicious wares are placed on your system during an update for "Call of Duty 4."
- Place the disc for "Call of Duty 4" in the gaming console. Prior to the game loading all the way, a box will come up that indicates an update is available. You will choose the “yes” option to start the update. It will take a few moments to install the update. Take the disc out of the console. Turn the console off and back on when the update "Call of Duty 4" is installed.
- Insert the "Call of Duty 4" disc into your console. Before the full game loads, a box should pop up notifying you that an update is available and asking if you would like to update your "Call of Duty 4" game. Select "Yes" and the update should be completed in just a few minutes. Restart your console to finish the update.
- To finish the update for "Call of Duty 4" double click the shortcut on the desktop from the computer. Allow the game to fully load and select “join game” a new window indicates that you should complete the update for "Call of Duty 4." Choose the “yes” option to complete the update for "Call of Duty 4." Restart the computer again.