It is necessary to know how to upgrade of software on Nokia 5300 from time to time in order to ensure the device is functioning at its best. Nokia occasionally releases new updates which correct problems in the software, add new features and generally make the Nokia 5300 more pleasant and stable. The process to upgrade the Nokia 5300 is not particularly complicated and only requires a few things, which you probably already have.
What You Will Need:
- Nokia 5300 Xpress Music
- USB Cable to connect the Nokia 5300 to the PC
- PC with at least a 1 GHz Processor.
- 256 MB of Ram (memory)
- Broadband Internet Connection
- Windows XP or later.
- Memory Card for the Nokia 5300
- Backup all data from the Nokia 5300. Updating the Nokia 5300 will erase all information on the device. Backup all important information to a memory card before updating. Backup software by navigating to Tools > Memory from the Main Menu of the Nokia 5300. Select Options > Backup Phone Memory.
- Connect the Nokia 5300 to the PC. Use the USB cable to connect the Nokia 5300 to the PC. The USB ports are typically located on the rear of the PC.
- Launch the Nokia Software Updater. Launch the Software Updater to begin the update process. The software update can be found on the Nokia Europe website.
- Restart the Nokia 5300. Restart the phone after the Software Update has completed. Only restart the phone if the device did not automatically restart. Restart the device by holding down the power button until the device powers off. Press the power button to turn the device back on. Restarting the device after a software update may take longer than usual.
- Restore data to the Nokia 5300. Updating the Nokia 5300 will have erased all of the data on the device. Restore all personal data by navigating to Tools > Memory. Select Options > Restore from card. Be patient as this process may take several minutes.
Tips and Troubleshooting:
If you have any problems updating the device, turn the Nokia 5300 off and disconnect it from the PC. Restart the PC completely. Turn the Nokia 5300 back on and connect it to the PC. Retry the entire update process from Step 1.
If the update process appears to be "stuck," do not turn the device off. The entire process can take around 20 minutes and interrupting the process can have negative effects on the Nokia 5300.
Do not attempt the update process if your internet connection is not stable. The updater will need to download the new firmware.
If you need to update the firmware to another language aside from English, visit the Nokia Website to download the Software Updater in the appropriate language.