How To Use Aerobic Exercise For Weight Loss
Learning how to use aerobic exercise for weight loss can improve your health. Aerobic exercise for weight loss burns calories and contributes to your overall fitness. These effects can result in weight loss.
To use aerobic exercise for weight loss, you will need:
- Watch with a second hand, stop watch or heart rate monitoring device
- Aerobic exercise routine
- Shoes and clothing suitable for aerobic exercise
- Choose the aerobic exercise for weight loss that fits your lifestyle. Aerobic exercise raises your heart rate while you exercise. You can choose something as simple as brisk walking, swimming, sports or an aerobic exercise class.
- Aim for 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily. Depending on your specific body’s needs you may need to increase the intensity or time spent doing aerobic exercise to lose weight.
- Find aerobic exercise routines in a variety of places. You can rent or buy DVD’s, follow an aerobic exercise routine on TV, go to a gym for a class, or even devise your own aerobic exercise routine of walking or running.
- Monitor your heart rate as you do aerobic exercise for weight loss. Your target heart rate is determined by the taking 220 and subtracting your age, then multiplying by 50% and 85%. Your heart rate should be between these two figures when taking your pulse for one minute during aerobic exercise.
- Combine aerobic exercise with strength training for the best weight loss results. Strength training raises your metabolism, improves your balance, and keeps you from getting exercise related injuries.