How To Use Blackberry Desktop Manager
Learning how to use the Blackberry Desktop Manager is a pretty simple thing if you know where to start. There are many functionalities you'll have access to after you learn a bit about the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
- Load the Blackberry Desktop Manager onto your PC. The Blackberry Desktop Manager comes with every Blackberry phone and is located on a CD. If you don't have the CD, the software is available online as a simple download. Search "Blackberry Desktop Manager" and download the free software from the official Blackberry site.
- Open Blackberry Desktop Manager if it doesn't automatically open. The program will appear on the screen.
- The below are some typical things you can do within the Desktop Manager software when it is open on your PC:
- Synchronize your Blackberry calendar items to your PC. Beware though that you know which system takes precedence as you can really screw up if you delete calendar items on one device that should be valid.
- Transfer media files between your Blackberry and your computer. All videos, music or pictures can be backed up to your PC for safe keeping. If you've downloaded additional tunes or ringtones on your Blackberry, you can use the Blackberry Desktop Manager to back up the mp3s to your computer.
- Add or remove any programs you may have downloaded to your phone.
- Install any updates available for your Blackberry phone.
- Backup your phone and settings to your PC in case you have a problem in the future or want to transfer the exact settings to another Blackberry.
- You can do all of the above right from your Blackberry phone itself but the Blackberry Desktop Manager makes it much easier to manipulate your phone's data and files.
- You can use the software separately from your phone, but most functionality (such as backing up contacts or downloading songs) is only available if your Blackberry is connected to your computer.
Posted on: Jan. 04, 2011