How To Use Boat Hull Cleaner
If you’re going to spend the summer months out on your boat, you need to know how to use boat hull cleaner. When your boat is in the water, all sorts of under water beasts can be attracted to the hull of your boat. Algae, barnacles, mold and any number of under water bacteria can latch onto the hull of your boat, cause damage to your paint and effect you boat’s speed. Knowing how to use boat hull cleaner will make sure that you keep the elements from attacking your boat and save your hull’s paint job. Knowing how to use boat hull cleaner isn’t as difficult as it may sound, all you need to use boat hull cleaner is some water and a few minutes.
- Boat hull cleaner
- Water hose
- Spray bottle
- Choose your boat hull cleaner. There are a lot of options available to people looking for a boat hull cleaner. The best boat hull cleaners on the market are concentrated formulas that use a spray and rinse method to clean your boat. Using a concentrated formula makes how to use boat hull cleaner easier and relatively painless.
- Pour you boat hull cleaner into a spray bottle. Using a spray bottle is the best way to use boat hull cleaner because it makes it easier for you to distribute the boat hull cleaner along the hull of the boat. Most brands of boat hull cleaner come with some form of spray bottle for you use boat hull cleaner with, but if your brand of boat hull cleaner doesn’t come with a spray bottle, you can use your own spray bottle.
- Spray it on. Spray the boat hull cleaner along the hull of your boat. You don’t have to spray on a lot to use boat hull cleaner. Remember, most boat hull cleaners use a concentrated formula, so a little bit goes a long way. Using a spray bottle to use boat hull cleaner will help you cover the most space in the least amount of time when you use boat hull cleaner.
- Let it sit. After you spray the hull of your boat with boat hull cleaner, let the hull cleaner sit for 5-10 minutes. Giving your boat hull cleaner time to sit will give the boat hull cleaner make sure that your boat hull cleaner eats away at all of the barnacles and gunk that are stuck to the hull of your boat. While the average time to let boat hull cleaner sit is 5-10 minutes, make sure you consult the instructions of your boat hull cleaner for more exact timing.
- Rinse it off. After you have let your boat hull cleaner sit for a few minutes, use a garden hose rinse away the boat hull cleaner and all of the junk that was stuck to the hull of your boat. Spraying off all of the junk and looking at a sparkling clean hull is the best part of knowing how to use boat hull cleaner.