You're new to the sport, and you want to know how to boogie board correctly. It's no big deal! Riding one correctly is not that difficult, but, as with any sport, you should always take safety into consideration, of not just yourself, but those around you. Below you will find tips on how to use a boogie board correctly.
- First and foremost you want to make sure you are riding a boogie board designed for your weight, and your height. If you plan on catching some waves properly, you will need the proper equipment. If you are unsure about what size or kind of boogie board to purchase, ask someone at your local surf shop. You can also cruise surf forums; there are thousands of enthusiasts out there who will be more than willing to help you.
- After purchasing your boogie board, you can also purchase some surf wax. This will keep you from slipping off of your boogie board. It is sold in containers about the size of a hockey puck and is just a few dollars.
- A rash guard is also a good idea to put on while boogie boarding. The rash guard will keep the board from pulling chest hairs out. It it not entirely necessary, but if you have a manly man's chest, it's a good idea.
- Never boogie board in crowded areas, especially with children around. One of the biggest mistakes, when it comes to riding a boogie board correctly, is deciding to boogie board right in crowded areas. If it is for attention from the babes on the beach, or just because you fear the depths of the ocean, it is a bad idea. If you hit someone in the head hard enough, they could drown if you cannot find them in time.
- Always wear your leash. If you happen to get sucked out into a current, having your boogie board to float on is a must.
- In rough surf (or even light surf), have a buddy system. It's best to always have someone with you when boogie boarding, if–God forbid–something goes wrong, you want to make sure you have someone there who can offer help.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.