How To Use A Camping Tea Kettle
If you are planning a camping trip, prepare yourself by learning how to use a camping tea kettle. Being in the wilderness does not mean you cannot have a cup of hot coffee or tea. With a few supplies and a camping tea kettle, you are only a few minutes from having a great cup of coffee or tea. You will need a source for heat which can be either a campfire, grill or camp stove. When using a campfire or a grill, the coals should be hot without flames and camp stoves should have a medium flame.
The supplies needed include:
- camping tea kettle
- metal grill rack (for open fire)
- instant coffee or tea
- optional creamer/sugar.
- When using an open fire, allow the fire become minimal with the coals being red hot.
- Fill the kettle with cold water approximately one quarter from the top.
- Place the metal grill rack over the coals for open fire.
- Put the tea kettle on the metal rack of the grill, fire or stove.
- In approximately five minutes the water will begin to boil. Easy signs that the water is ready would be a bubbling sound or steam escaping.
- Using the potholder remove the camping tea kettle from the heating source and pour over instant coffee or tea bag that has been put into the coffee mug.
- Add flavorings of choice and enjoy a great hot beverage.
- To have fresh brewed coffee when using a camp tea kettle, scoop one tablespoon of ground coffee into a piece of pantyhose, tie both ends and drop into the kettle before adding water. Remove the “filter” when coffee has brewed.