Have you ever wondered how to use a chromatic tuner for a guitar? Learning to use one is very simple and is important to know when playing guitar. A chromatic guitar tuner eliminates the guesswork in getting a guitar into standard tuning.
To use a chromatic guitar tuner, you will need:
- guitar pick
- chromatic guitar tuner
- guitar cable (optional)
Steps in learning how to use a chromatic guitar tuner:
- Check to see if the guitar being used has a cable input. If it does, attach a guitar cable to the guitar and to the input on the chromatic tuner. There are many various types of tuners. Each type may be set up slightly different, but all will achieve the same result. If the guitar does not have a cable input, as many acoustics don't, then set the tuner on your knee, near the strings.
- Turn the chromatic tuner on. For standard tuning, make sure the tuner is set on 440 Hz. If it is set on something different than that, the guitar will be tuned to a tuning other than standard.
- Begin playing each string, individually, starting at the low E string. Pick the E string and watch the tuner to see what registers on it. Most tuners have three lights. The center light is typically green, and a light on each side that are each red. The key is to get each string on the green light. As a string is played, the tuner will show what note is being played and whether it is in tune, flat, or sharp. For the first string, make sure the note that lights up is the note E.
- Adjust the tuning pegs on the guitar. As the string is played, turn the tuning peg either tighter if the string is flat, or looser if the string is sharp. When the note registers in the green, that string is complete.
- Finish by playing each individual string. After the low E string is in tune, begin tuning the remaining five strings. When all strings are finished, strum a chord and the guitar should sound great because it will be in perfect pitch.
Tips and Warnings:
It's important to know the strings of a guitar. Starting at the top of the guitar, the order of the strings are: E A D G B E.
Sometimes, a tuning other than standard is desired. If this is the case, the calibration can be set to something other than 440 Hz.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!