When it comes to programming your new remote control, learning how to use a code search on the Magnavox Universal Remote can save you time and a lot of hassle. This universal remote is the perfect replacement for any lost or broken remote control and a welcome addition if your TV did not come with a remote. This remote comes with a booklet featuring all the codes you need to program your Magnavox Universal Remote, but you can also program your remote with the code search feature, as described below.
What you’ll need:
- Magnavox Universal Remote
- Turn the TV on. Push the power button on the TV set to turn it on. You’ll need to have the TV on in order to program the remote.
- Find the code search button. This button will be labeled on your remote. Note that this button may be a different color than the other buttons on the remote, depending on the model.
- Use the code search function to find the code. Hold down the "Code Search" button for about ten seconds until the light on the remote comes on. Now press the “Up” or “Down” channel button repeatedly until the TV responds to the remote. This process can take a number of minutes to complete.
- Finalize the code selection. Press the power button on the remote once the TV responds. If the TV turns off, press the power button to turn it back on. If the TV turns on, the remote was successfully programmed using the code search feature.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.