Learning how to use color run remover is a skill that can save a beloved item of clothing that's been stained by unwanted dye from another garment. Color run remover is simple to use. Just follow the steps below.
You will need:
- 1 to 3 packages color run remover
- a top-loading washing machine
- white or colorfast clothing that has been stained
To use Color Run Remover:
- Ensure that the garment you plan to treat with color run remover is colorfast. The color run remover will remove all dye, so, you run the risk of badly fading the garment if it is not white colorfast.
- Fill the washer and dissolve one to three packages of color run remover. For a single garment, one packet should do. For a full load of laundry, use three. Make sure that the color run remover is completely dissolved. Do not add any detergent to the color run remover solution.
- Add your stained clothing. Be sure that the item is completely saturated with the color run remover solution.
- Keep the item submerged in the color run remover until the stain is removed. Stir it occasionally to make sure that the solution washes over the stained garment.
- Drain the washer, and fill with hot water. Add detergent at this point and run as usual. This step is important to remove the color run remover from your clothing.
- Wear gloves if your hands are going to come in contact with the color run remover, as it can be irritating to the skin.
- Once you've opened a package of color run remover, you need to use it or throw it away. It becomes less effective if it sits out exposed to the air.
- You may need to use the color run remover again if it does not work the first time. Do not put the stained item into the dryer in between color run remover uses, or you could stain your clothing for good.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.